Thursday, February 25, 2010

Welcome

This is a blog about a class at Sam Houston State University. During our minimester (between the end of the spring semester and the beginning of summer school), I will be teaching a class where we will travel to Massachusetts to visit sites where nineteenth century writers lived, worked, and wrote about. We will be reading their works in the context they wrote them, discussing how their community and friendships with each other sustained them and encouraged them. I have also created a website with full details about the trip, the readings, and the assignments. Everyone in the class will write in this blog, so this will be a chance to experience the trip and participate in the class, even if you cannot join us in person. Before the class begins, I will making posts about some of the background reading I have done and am doing as I prepare for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment